Hey moms and pops! I am constantly searching for alternative, natural and noninvasive ways to mend my child's illness without compromising his own immune systems abilities ! So as a mama on the hunt I've found some great supplements for the regular proscribed over the counter medicine. Weather it be teething , a fever , a cough or all of this combined I've found some great choices among the many homeopathic options out there.  So if you're considering the homeopathic rout or have never considered it before this will be a great platform for you. 

Children under 12 months :
COUGH: Zarbee's All-Natural children's cough syrup is a great choice for your little ones. Consisting of mostly honey (which has been used for coughs and sore throats since the romans age)  really coats the back of the throat  and will help with mild coughs. I know for Isaiah (my son) its been our go to medicine even now and its sweet taste makes them more willing to take it for "medicine time"
COLDS WITH RUNNY NOSE: Hyland's Pulsatilla 30x is something Ive used since my son was 9 months old. the small little capsules dissolve in the child's mouth in seconds. It taste virtually like nothing so isaiah LOVES taking them meaning I need to hide them because he considers it candy! I discovered these at a local herb shop where I live called Down To Earth. The woman working there directed me to these when I told her how old my son was and my concerns with the dosage. She recommended at his age Half of one pill at first then try a whole one if you don't see improvement. As he progressed in age at about 11 months I would give him one whole one, now at 2 years old I give him 2. REMEMBER it's not the quantity of pills you give your child it the consistency at which you give them. You will give a child homeopathic medicine more times in a day than regular medicine. The norm I have found to be is every two hours depending on your child.
FEVERS & INFLAMMATIONS: Hyland's Belladonna 6x I consider this to be very similar to the above medicine. I recommend for all of these you do your own research. As for my son and I we have found these to be a great choice!
TEETHING: Hylands teething is really great for the smallest of tots. these tiny dissolvable bites really can help but make sure you HIDE them from your child who can easily get into them.

Children 2 and up:

FEVER, COLD, FLU, SNEEZING SORE THROAT, RUNNY NOSE, CHILLS, HEADACHES: Children's Alpha CF really covers it ALL and is one of my favorite!  It really works and similar to Hylands pills it dissolves quickly and my son takes it very easily.
COUGH SOAR THROAT: Children's Chestal is a new find for my son and I. He's barely had a chance to try it but I wanted to get it since hes just came down with  pretty intense cold/cough .

How I get my son to take his medicine, let me introduce you to Mr. Medicine Puppy. As you can tell by the medicine marks, Puppy "takes"  his medicine first afterwards he is praised with hugs and kisses. Mr. Puppy then "asks" Isaiah to takes his medicine too! Haha this may go on for a couple rounds since two tsp can be a lot to take all at once but it works! we use a syringe pump with the measurements labeled on it TSP and ML making it easier to get it in the mouth. This works for us! what works for you!?


 Tell me how you get your child to take their medicine ,plus I'd love to know what homeopathic medicine you use !